Dua for Love & Concept of Dua
“The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘There is no man who prays to Allah and makes dua’ to Him, and does not receive a response. Either it will be hastened for him in this world, or it will be stored up for him in the Hereafter, so long as he does not pray for something sinful, or to cut the ties of kinship, or seek a speedy response.’ They said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, what does seeking a speedy response mean?’ He said, ‘Saying, “I prayed to my Lord and He did not answer me.”’- Al-Tirmidhi, 3859; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 852.
- Allah will grant him/her the thing which he is asking for in the Dua or
- Allah will grant him much better thing than that which he/she is asking in Dua or
- if not of these then Allah will store up his/her Dua and reward him/her on the day when we will be most needy of reward.
We should also bear in mind that there are other hadiths as well teaching us that Allah do not answer the prayers and dua of a person whose eating, wearing and living is all with haraam means and sources. So we should be conscious of this fact also to have the complete picture in our minds.
Read More: Best Times to Make Dua
Four conditions for Dua
Ibn Al-Qayyim said he who fulfills the following conditions should know that Allah will surely answer his du`a’:
- Have certainty that Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala will answer your du`a’. The Prophet ﷺ said, ”Ask Allah with certainty that He will answer your prayers.” (Tirmidhi)
- Show submissiveness and devotion during your du`a’. The Prophet ﷺ said, ‘Know that Allah will not accept the supplication from an absent heart.’ (Tirmidhi)
- Be patient and do not hasten for an answer. The Prophet ﷺ said: ‘The du`a’ of any worshipper will continue to be responded to, as long as… he is not hasty’ i.e. as long as he doesn’t lose patience. [Muslim]
- Continue to gain a lawful means of living. The Prophet ﷺ narrated a story about a man asking Allah, saying “O Lord! O Lord!” but his food was unlawful, his drink was unlawful, his clothing was unlawful, and he was nourished unlawfully; so how can he be answered?!” (Muslim)
Source: Virtual Mosque
Concept of Love:
We have to realize this that most of us have gotten our concept of love from flashy movies of Hollywood or Bollywood. Unfortunately, we do not realize the impact of such consumption on our heart, mind and soul.
“O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you,…” – Muslim
Dua for Love
“My Lord! Remove from my heart the love of everything that You do not love. Aameen”
Dua for Love in Arabic with Translation
Dua for Reconciliation Between Hearts
Dua for Righteous offspring:
In conclusion, we have learned that the only real and lasting love is with our creator Allah and all others love should follow after it. Second we have learned that if we have fallen in love with someone we should abide by the will of Allah in all matters and ask for that person from Allah through Dua. Lastly, we have learned some Du’a for Love also which you can ask from Allah. We have also discussed that Du’a can be asked in any language.
- Islamic Quotes Collection – 197+ Islamic Quotes You Must Read 2017
- 25 Amazing Ibn Taymiyyah Quotes with Images
- Imam Ghazali Quotes – 39+ Imam Ghazali Quotes Every Muslim Should Read