Today’s collection of Islamic Quotes is very near to my heart because it is a collection of (Shaykh) Hamza Yusuf Quotes. Shaykh Hamza Yusuf was one of the first scholars I listened to while learning about Islam and practicing it in the context of 21st century.
I first to his lecture of “Men and Women in Islam” in audio format and rushed to my computer to find out more about this guy who speaks so beautifully and explains so directly about the teachings of Islam. Ever since, I have learned through his lectures a lot.
- 121+ Islamic Marriage Quotes on Love & LIfe
- 171+ Beautiful Islamic Quotes about Life with Pictures – Updated
- 97+ Hazrat Ali R.A Quotes with Images – 2016 Updated List
This list comprises of some of my personal favorite quotes of Shaykh Hamza Yusuf. May Allah put baraka’h in his work and life. Ameen
31+ Hamza Yusuf Quotes – My Personal Favorites
1. Call on your Lord when your heart is brittle, that is a time when it’s in pieces and the Light of Allah can fill the gaps. That is why Allāh is with the broken hearted. – Hamza Yusuf
2. Every civilization: Hindu, Buddhist, Confucianism, Christian, Jewish and Muslim, all of them understood that LEARNING was to make a BETTER HUMAN BEING, LEARNING was NOT to MAKE MORE MONEY;
It was to make a BETTER HUMAN BEING.- Hamza Yusuf Quotes
3. People say to you, ‘you’ve changed’, or something like that, well, I hope, for the sake of God, that you have changed, because I don’t want to be the same person all my life. I want to be growing, I want to be expanding. I want to be changing. Because animate things change, inanimate things don’t change. Dead things don’t change. And the heart should be alive, it should be changing, it should be moving, it should be growing, its knowledge should be expanding.- Hamza Yusuf
4. The weak are dominated by their ego, the wise dominate their ego, and the intelligent are in a constant struggle against their ego.- Hamza Yusuf
5. Practice makes permanent, not perfect. If you practice the wrong thing, you make the wrong act permanent.- Hamza Yusuf