Before sharing with you the Hazrat Umar Quotes let me share a brief introduction of Hazrat Umar R.A.
He was the second caliph of Islam after Hazrat Abu Bakr R.A and He was one of those companions of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH gave the good news of paradise in the lifetime. The story of his life and how he became Muslim is truly a remarkable story which I will share in some other post in sha Allah.
Interesting Information about Hazrat Umar R.A:
Hazrat Umar R.A was so caring and thoughtful of other people needs that during the time of famine and drought he would not eat food and suffice himself with half dates even when his stomach would rumble by saying that “Rumble as much as you want, for indeed, I will feed you nothing other than this until the situation of the people improves.”
For More: Brief Biography of Hazrat Umar R.A
One Friday Umar R.A was late to come for Friday prayer and people were waiting for him to come and give Friday sermon. When he finally arrived, first he apologized with the people for coming late and later told that the reason for being late is that the clothes which I am wearing was in the process of cleansing and I have only one cloth.
Must Read: Biggest Collection of Islamic Quotes
In another narration, when Umar R.A became the Khalifah he was seen delivering a sermon in a cloth with 12 different patches all over it. He was truly a remarkable ruler, organizer, and manager.
These incidents are just a sneak peek into the simple life and piety of Hazrat Umar R.A. Here let me present to you one of the largest collection of quotes of Hazrat Umar over the internet.
115+ Hazrat Umar Quotes with Images – 2016
1. Death is the best teacher – Hazrat Umar Quotes
2. Do not forget about yourself whilst being concerned for others. – Hazrat Umar Quotes
3. Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. – Hazrat Umar Quotes
4. Save yourself from the Fires of Hell even if it means by doing a favor with half a date (fruit). If this too is not possible then with sweet words. – Hazrat Umar Quotes
5. To speak less is wisdom, to eat less is healthy, to sleep less is a prayer and there is peace in solitude. – Hazrat Umar Quotes