6. The Messenger of Allah PBUH said: Frequently remember the destroyer of pleasures – i.e, death. – Islamic Sayings
7. A woman called Sheikh Abdul Muhsin Al-Ahmad and was complaining saying that she tried every single thing to please her husband but he is never happy and he is always dissatisfied. She said: I don’t know what to do anymore, I am completely burnt out, I even think of how to please him while I am praying. The Sheikh said: And he will never be pleased!!! If you are thinking to please him during your prayer while you are reading the words of Allah, he will never be pleased!!
The Sheikh asked her: do you have one hour a day, she said: all the hours. The Sheikh said: I just need one hour from you at the last third of the night, you pray to Allah and you say: Oh Allah I want You to be happy and pleased with me, I want Your Rida (Satisfaction) that’s all I want. And if Allah gets satisfied with you, everyone else will become satisfied, he will make the angels happy with you, he will even make Gabriel happy with you and he will make all those around you happy and satisfied with you.
She said: is there an ayah from the Quran that states this?
The Sheikh said: Allah says in the Quran in surat Al Rum: “And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquility in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.” [Surat Ar-Rūm, 30:21]
Pay attention, who placed between you affection and mercy? You?…..No, HE did Subhanahu wa Talah. If He didn’t do that, you will never be able to do it yourself. The hearts belong to Allah and HE is the only one who can change them. – Islamic Sayings, Phrases & Proverbs
8. There isn’t any true relaxation for the believers besides the meeting of Allah. – Islamic Proverbs
9. One of the things which prevent one from utilizing the best nights of the year is one’s love of this worldly life. Ibn Al-Qayyim said: “The more the slave becomes attached and inclined towards this worldly life and being content with it, the more difficult and heavy he feels when attempting to obey Allah and gaining the reward of the hereafter.”- Islamic Proverbs
10. Al-Haafith ‘Abd Al-Ghani Al-Maqdisi said: “The best three things a slave can ask of his Lord are:
* His pleasure.
* To look at His honorable face.
* Al-Firdaws, the highest level in paradise.
(Thayl At-Tabaqaat 187/1) – Islamic Proverbs