This list of Muhammad Ali quotes is to celebrate his life and to share my appreciation of him through collecting his quotes through which Muslims can learn a lesson or at least be inspired.
Muhammad Ali, the boxing legend, died on 3rd June 2016. Muhammad Ali has inspired a lot of people through his boxing, his work, his humor and above all, his life. Muhammad Ali was particularly famous and loved by Muslims because of his faith and stand which he took for that faith.
Here I have selected 17 Muhammad Ali Quotes which are of particular value for Muslims. I will be happy to read your thoughts about this collection and your favorite Muhammad Ali Quotes in the comment section of this article.
17 Muhammad Ali Quotes Every Muslim Should Know – A List By A Muslim
1. “I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.” – Muhammad Ali Quotes
This is the trait which every Muslim should develop regarding the trends of the times. We don’t have to give up our identity and way of life in order to become “modern” or “western”. We should not be giving in to the demands of society, media and peer pressure. We should be doing what we know to be the truth.
2. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali Quotes
In life, everyone has to do something which they don’t like in order to be successful. As a Muslim, we know that this life is temporary and through this quote of Muhammad Ali, we can learn to patiently endure whatever it is that we hate but is good for ourselves. Muhammad Ali hated training but he endures it in order to live like a champion. You may hate your life, but if you live it according to the will of Allah you will be the champion in real life, in sha Allah.
3. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali Quotes
Courage is the trait which every Muslim should possess. Being able to do the right things when times are tough requires a lot of courage and we Muslims needs lots of that. Being able to pursue your dreams also requires a lot of courage and everyone needs lots of that.
4. “The word ‘Islam’ means ‘peace.’ The word ‘Muslim’ means ‘one who surrenders to God.’ But the press makes us seem like haters.” – Muhammad Ali Quotes
This shows that Muhammad Ali knows the core message of Islam and its reality. He can answer the negative propaganda spread by the media. Knowing what you stand for and knowing your identity is really required by every Muslim today. There are so many of us who feel ashamed of everything that is being done in the name of our beautiful religion. Instead of feeling ashamed, we should know that Islam really is and preach it through our action, deeds and words.
5. “Allah’s the Arabic term for God. Stand up for God, fight for God, work for God and do the right thing, and go the right way, things will end up in your corner.” – Muhammad Ali Quotes
Muhammad Ali knew who his master was, who his real employer was. This quote shows his belief that if you work for God, Stand up for God, and do the right thing things will end up in your corner.