Let’s read Abdul Qadir Jilani Quotes, but before that, we shall have a brief overview of his life.
Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani is one of the most influential Auliya of Islam. He also founded the Sufi order, Qadriya among Muslims. This list of Abdul Qadir Jilani Quotes will share with you his amazing wisdom and spirituality. There is a brief overview of his life also after the list below.
One of the reasons why I decided to curate a list of Quotes and Sayings of Abdul Qadir Jilani is that I was much inspired by the incidents of his life during my childhood. So this is my chance to promote the wisdom of this esteemed saint. May Allah accept my efforts and forgive any and every mistake.
Abdul Qadir Jilani Quotes – Updated Collection 2019
1. An action which is void of sincerity is nothing but non-productive hard work. – Abdul Qadir Jilani Quotes
2. As a Momin increase in age, he also increases in Faith and Eeman. – Abdul Qadir Jilani Quotes
3. Your worst enemies are your evil friends. – Abdul Qadir Jilani Quotes
4. A person who becomes aware of Allah everything except world, hereafter and Allah gets removed from the heart. – Abdul Qadir Jilani Quotes
5. It is incumbent upon you that your speech and talk is only and sincerely for Allah. Otherwise, it is better for you to be mute.
6. It is important that your life is spent in the way of Allah otherwise death is better for you. – Abdul Qadir Jilani Quotes
7. The prosperity in which there is no gratitude of Allah is an evil trial for you and that poverty in which there is no patience is also an evil trial for you. – Abdul Qadir Jilani Quotes
8. Think good and positive of people instead of yourself and thinking negative of people. If you do this then you will benefit yourself as well as other people. – Abdul Qadir Jilani Quotes
9. The one who serves Allah, Allah makes everything else serves him because He never wastes even a minutest deed of his servants. – Abdul Qadir Jilani Quotes
10. Everything which makes you forget Allah is evil for you. – Abdul Qadir Jilani Quotes
11. It is important for trials and problems to befall you because gold is never purified without fire. Thus ask Allah that He gives patience with trials so that yours and His relation remains strong. – Sayings of Abdul Qadir Jilani
12. Wrongdoing darkens the heart and blackens the face and book of deeds. – Sayings of Abdul Qadir Jilani
13. This world and hereafter can never be united in one world. – Sayings of Abdul Qadir Jilani
14. There is so much to do in positive in productive work and activities that you should have no time left for unproductive and non-beneficial activities. – Sayings of Abdul Qadir Jilani
15. Ride on your nafs otherwise, it will ride on you. – Sayings of Abdul Qadir Jilani
16. Do not become the candle that gives light to others but itself remains in darkness. Do not follow the desires of your lower self. Should the Lord wish, He himself will pick you out and prompt you to be a source of guidance. He Himself shall endow you with the inner strength to endure the changes of fortune and will instill within you, infinite wisdom.
17. A lazy person is always deprived. – Sayings of Abdul Qadir Jilani
18. Flee from a person who makes you forgetful of Allah as you flee from a wild animal. – Sayings of Abdul Qadir Jilani
19. The purity of the body with the impurity of the heart will not benefit you.
Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani Quotes & Sayings on Knowledge, Hate & More
20. Acquire knowledge and become sincere, so that you find an escape from duality’s trap.
21. Till the time you yourself needs improvement.
22. Do not strut proudly on account of your good deeds. Do not let pride waylay you. When you deem yourself holier than others, know that you have fallen into grave error.
23. Seek the fellowship of those who enjoy the fellowship with the Lord.
24. Do not spend even one night in the hate and malice of anybody.
25. Look towards that person who looks towards you. Love that person that loves you, listen to that person that listens to you and give your hands in his hands that are prepared to grasp it.
26. Use your voice for kindness, your ears for compassion, your hands for charity, your mind for truth, and your Heart for love.
27. Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience.
28. O, my People! Prove the sincerity of your respect for the Quran by putting its teachings into practice, not by arguing about it.
29. How could one in need ask for what he needs, from another who is in need himself?
30. Make every effort to ensure that your body is with the servants but your heart is with the Lord of the servants.
31. Reflect on the work of art and you may attain to the artist.
32. Have faith in God the Omnipotent, the Eternal, the First and the Last, who grants life and determines death. He alone bestows bounty, and only He can restore crushed hopes.
33. Do not boast about your acts of worship.
34. Your true friend is he who warns you to take care of your hereafter.
35. Trying to improve other people when you yourself need improvement is ignorance and against the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon Him)
36. Be aware of sin in all its forms in all your organs of the body and in your heart.
37. Trials and calamities strengthen the heart and certainty and establish faith and patience and weaken the animal-self and its desires.
38. Three things are indispensable for a believer in all conditions of life. He should keep those commandments of God: he should abstain from the forbidden things, and he should be pleased with the decree of Providence.
39. When the heart is perfected all your conditions become perfect.
40. Adopt the company of the pious.
41. Anyone who seeks Allah will surely find Him.
42. Nothing is hidden from God, especially not the burdens borne by those who suffer for His sake. Be patient with Him for an hour and you will see His grace and favor for years. Courage is an hour’s patience. Remember, “Surely, God is with those who are patient”
History of Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani R.A
Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani R.A was born in a city Jeelan which is in Tabristan in 471 A.H. His childhood is full of incidents which are a proof of his intellectual and spiritual capacity.
At the young age of 18, he went to Baghdad as a student which was then the center of all major activities including religious knowledge. After studying and learning traditional sciences under the learned people and scholars of Islam, he met his a person with more spiritual inclinations.
Under his influence and teachings, Abdul Qadir Jilani R.A left his professional calling and spent almost about twenty-five years in various regions of Iraq as a traveler. When he returned to Baghdad, he was over the age of 50 years of around 521 A.H which is 1127 C.E. After returning to Baghdad, Abdul Qadir Jilani R.A began to preach publicly.
He contributed to the people of Baghdad a lot through his knowledge and the number of his students grew day by day, so he took residence at a traditional school, which belonged to one of his teachers, but due to a large number of students and his own large family space proved to be insufficient
So in 528 A.H many people donated for the construction of a residence which can house Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani R.A and his family along with the accommodation of his students. This place also has the capacity to accommodate seekers of knowledge who used to come from around the world for attending the sessions of Abdul Qadir Jilani R.A.
With the Grace of Allah Almighty, He lived for a life of around 90 years and continued his mission of spreading the true knowledge until his last. He produced many works and books on various topics and is known as the highest of all saints, Ghaus-e-Azam.
We have tried our best to bring to you some of the best and most insightful Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani Quotes in this post. We will try to add to this collection in the future as well.
If you have found any error, misattribution or incongruency in our collection then do let us know in the comments section below. We will do our best to remove the error.