Today I am writing about a very important and special topic, Love in Islam. Many of you already know that we have published a big list of Islamic Quotes about Marriage & Love in Islam before and people really appreciated it. Therefore, we are now sharing with you a selection of total 18 Islamic Quotes about Love which every Muslim should read.
Along with these quotes, we have shared an explanation of why that quote was selected and how it is a must know quote about love in Islam for Muslims, young and old alike.
In sha Allah, you will find much good in this collection of Islamic Quotes about love and in sha Allah many misconceptions will be cleared about the theory and practice of love in Islam.
18 Islamic Quotes about Love Every Muslim should Read
1. “True love doesn’t end at death. If Allah wills it, it will continue in Jannah.” – Islamic Quotes about Love
You may have heard the famous phrase spoken at marriages in the western world by both bride and the groom “Till death do us apart”, but in Islam, the goal of a true love even crosses the parting which is done by death.
It is learned by traditions of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) that pious Muslim women will be many folds more beautiful and attractive than their earthly selves here in this life. Also, Allah will unite the families of people who enters into Jannah.
So make it your goal to find a spouse who will help you achieve this ultimate goal of love, in sha Allah.
2. “Marrying someone who loves Allah will show you more about your future than anything else you’ll hear or see.” – Islamic Quotes about Love
Young people are often concerned about their future and particularly about the future of their love/married life and their career.
This Islamic Quote about Love conveys that Marrying a person who loves Allah (meaning strive to abide by His revealed way of life) will help you achieve more goodness in both of these categories of Marriage and Career because he/she will help you live the life according to Islam which is the way to success in both worlds.
3. “Love that comes with looks,.. goes with looks. True love does not start by gazing at the looks of a person, but by knowing the beauty of their character.” – Islamic Quotes about Love
I am sure that you are familiar with the famous hadith where it is mentioned that the spouse should be selected for his/her deen. This means that the most important thing which one should look for in the prospective spouse is their commitment to living according to the deen.
Now this clears up a lot of things for selecting a spouse. You don’t have to look for the standards of media or your local culture because you now know the ultimate standard to select the partner in your journey of life.
4. Halal is the only definition of love. – Islam on Love
This one is so straightforward that it clears up all the things about being confused about whether what you are experiencing is love or lust.
You just have to look at the situation you are in. If both of you, girl & boy, are following the way of Islam as taught by the Holy Prophet (PBUH) then it is love and if Allah wills, He will unite you both.
But if this situation or relationship is making you or forcing you to indulge in acts/thoughts/ways which are not halal then it is not love but a trick played on you by your worst enemy, Shaytaan.
5. “Those who truly love you, love to see you in love with Allah.” – Islamic Quotes about Love
This connects and continues from the previous quote that Halal is the only definition of love. If the person you are in love with is not helping you connect with Allah or making it hard for you to develop a sound, healthy relationship with Allah then know that he/she is not in it for the long run.
They may be doing all of this on a sub-conscious level but a true Muslim strives to live a conscious life so either talk to him/her about this or try to find someone who loves to see you in love with Allah.
6. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: There is nothing like marriage, for two who love one another. – Hadith about Love in Islam
Subhan’Allah, how beautiful. Our Prophet Muhammad, Peace be upon Him, said that the best thing for two people who love each other is marriage.
So know this and strive hard to get married to the person you love as soon as possible. Don’t indulge in pre-marriage relationships and don’t aim to have a lavish wedding because it will delay the marriage for both of you.
Be simple and get married as soon as you are ready for it.
7. If Allah wills for it to happen, it will happen. Don’t stress.
I have seen so many young Muslim boys and girls stressing over particular person or relationship and indulging in haram just to remain in that relationship.
My dear brothers and sisters, I understand your feelings and believe me that Allah understands our feelings more than anyone else. So if Allah knows it to be better for us in this life and in the hereafter then He will make it happen for us.
So don’t ever indulge in haraam just to get the person that you are in love (blindly) because that very same person can hurt you and your faith in most dangerous of ways.
Keep praying to Allah and always remain in His obedient. He will grant you the best. Ameen
8. “Try not to confuse attachment with love. Attachment is about fear and dependency and has more to do with love of self than love of another. Love without attachment is the purest love because it isn’t about what others can give you because you are empty. It is about what you can give others because you are already full.” – Islamic Quotes about Love
Our media and culture are full of messages that every one of us needs another person of the opposite gender to ‘complete’ us.
As if all of us are incomplete and can only be completed by “the one”. This creates a really negative tendency of dependence on another human being for approval, appreciation and love.
So become aware of self and learn to fulfill yourself before trying to get married. Get mature before getting married because immature people can ruin any relationship, no matter how beautiful it is.
9. “Your strongest love should be for Allah. But you can’t love someone you don’t know. We need to know Him. You don’t know someone you never speak to. Speak to Him, Ask of Him and you cannot love someone you don’t remember, so remember Him. Remember Him often.” – Islamic Quotes about Love
So who will fill us if there is no “the one” out there? The answer is simple, Allah.
Our greatest aim in life should be to develop a good relationship with Allah. To love Allah, and we can only love Him if we make efforts to know Him and remember Him.
Here is a good resource for learning about the revealed names and attributes of Allah. In this way, you can get to know Him more, in sha Allah.
10. “Marry someone who is deeply interested in the deen, because that is who your children will follow.” – Love & Marriage in Islam
You should keep in mind that the person you will marry will not only be your life-partner but also be the biggest influence on your future kids.
So while choosing your spouse, imagine him/her in the role of a parent and see what you see about that person. Is he/she a responsible, caring, mature adult or not? Will he influence your kids in a positive manner or in a negative manner?
Often, youth only sees the prospective person in the role of their spouse. Forgetting and neglecting the others equally important roles in their lives.
11. “They look to the likes of Romeo & Juliet leaving the purest love story of The Prophet Muhammad S.A.W & Aisha R.A, where He died with his head resting on her chest.” – Islamic Quotes about Love
Another important point to consider is your inspiration of love. Where do you take the example and inspiration of love and marriage?
If it is from the likes of Romeo & Juliet then remember that this is a very weak base to build your love and marriage upon. You, as a Muslim, have far better examples and real stories to emulate and get inspired from.
In the previous quote, we have learned that we should imagine our prospective spouse in various other roles of life. This quote guides us about who to imagine those roles. We should see these important roles of life in the light of the life of Holy Prophet (PBUH).
12. “Happiest couples in the world never have the same nature. They just have the best understanding of their differences.” – Islamic Quotes about Love
There lies the secret of having a happy marriage, understanding the differences between you and your spouse.
What I mean by “understanding” here is not only knowing the differences but acting according to them as to provide the maximum care, respect & love to your spouse.
Not two people can be exactly alike, so learn to truly understand and appreciate the differences which Allah has provided both of you with.
13. “When talking about marriage, Allah says your spouses are garments for you. A garment may or may not fit perfectly – but either way, it covers imperfections, protects, and beautifies.” – Islamic Quotes about Love
This connects beautifully with the previous Islamic quote about the love you have read. Happy couples not only understand the differences between each other but they also try to cover each other’s imperfections.
So these are some qualities of happy couples that they understand and appreciate each other, cover each other’s imperfections, protects each other physically, emotionally & spiritually and thus, beautifies each other.
14. “All too often people concentrate on finding the right spouse, little realizing that half of any marriage is being the right spouse.” – Yasir Qadhi on Love & Marriage
Now this one shares a really important point on not being happy only in marriage but in every relationship.
All too often, we focus and concentrate on finding the right business partner, finding the right friend and finding the right spouse that we totally forget to become the right business partner, right friend, and the right spouse.
As Muslims, we should always be striving on improving ourselves so much so that we don’t have the time and energy to focus on the faults and mistakes of other people.
May Allah make us among such people. Ameen
15. “And still, after all, this time, the Sun has never said to the Earth, “You owe me.”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights up the sky.” – Hafez
Beautiful, isn’t it?
In all kinds of love, we need to remember that it is more about giving than receiving.
16. “Your heart is sacred land. Don’t let just anything enter it. Guard it with your life.”
If you truly appreciate the importance and value of pure love then be conscious about whom and what you are loving. Don’t love shallow objects like celebrities, fame, money or status. These love will destroy the beautiful land of your heart.
Instead plant the seed of love of beautiful things so that you can achieve the happiness and success in both the worlds, in sha Allah.
17. “I loved. I lost. So I learned to love what is never lost. Then even what I loved that can be lost was through what cannot be lost…. So it was never lost.” – Islamic Quotes about Love
Loving something means giving it your precious time, which can never come back, and attention along with respect, care, and affection. All of these things are really really precious, to say it in capitalistic terms, expensive. So you should make sure that the object of your love is not those who will leave you in a short period of time.
You should be focused on loving the people BECAUSE you love Allah. If you love anyone through Allah then your love will not be lost because it is through the being which can never be lost.
18. “If Shaytaan has entered into your heart – evil will look beautiful to you and good will seem tiring and exhausting.” – Nouman Ali Khan
Many of you would be thinking that this quote is not related to love in anyway! but let me show how it is related and why it is included in this list.
Loving someone highly or at all, is a matter of heart and as discussed earlier you should be conscious about who you are allowing to reside in your house of heart.
But if you allowed Shaytaan to reside in your heart, then every bad thing will start to look good and attractive to you and every good thing will look bad and unattractive to you. Therefore, keep praying to Allah that He make our heart His home and remove all diseases from it and make it clean like a mirror so that we can truly love and appreciate His creation. Ameen
Your Favorite Islamic Quote about Love?
So, as we have shared this beautiful list of Islamic quotes about Love with an explanation on it is now your turn to share with us and fellow readers your favorite quote which talk about the status, theory and/or practice of love in Islam.
We hope that you have liked this collection and you have enjoyed reading these quotes.
- 171+ Beautiful Islamic Quotes about Life with Pictures – Updated
- 85+ Beautiful Ramadan Quotes, Greetings & Wishes with Images – 2016
- 121+ Islamic Quotes about Women in Islam
If you think that there is quote which is wrongly attributed or required a credit/attribution then do let us know through our contact form and/or comment section below.