Before reading the Tariq Ramadan Quotes, let us briefly introduce him to all the readers.
Tariq Ramadan was born in Swedish and he is a philosopher and a writer. He also teaches Islamic Studies with a focus on its contemporary at Oxford University. He is visiting faculty in various other universities also. Interesting information about Tariq Ramadan is that he was selected as one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine in 2004.
List of Quotes
- Mufti Menk Quotes – 40+ Powerful & Inspirational Mufti Menk Sayings
- Nouman Ali Khan Quotes – 50+ Powerful NAK Quotes to Read Now!
- Yasir Qadhi Quotes – 25+ Powerful Yasir Qadhi Sayings with Images
Tariq Ramadan Quotes & Sayings – Thought Provoking
1. Saying that Islam is in the heart, is similar to giving back the exam’s paper completely white and saying: knowledge is in the brain. – Tariq Ramadan Quotes
2. The philosophy of fasting calls upon us to know ourselves, to master ourselves, and to discipline ourselves the better to free ourselves. To fast is to identify our dependencies, and free ourselves from them. – Tariq Ramadan Quotes
3. Arabic is the language of the Qur’an, but Arab culture is not the culture of Islam. – Tariq Ramadan Sayings
4. A true teacher doesn’t teach you to think like him, but to think without him. – Tariq Ramadan Sayings
5. Never forget your dialogue with God, it is your strength. – Tariq Ramadan Quotes
6. The more you look into and understand yourself, the less judgmental you become towards others. – Tariq Ramadan Sayings
7. Tell me what you are doing with your suffering, and I will tell you who you are. – Tariq Ramadan Sayings
8. The dogmatic and, therefore, invulnerable core in Islam is understandably simple: acknowledgment of faith, prayer, charity, and fasting. Almost 9. everything else is open to interpretation and modification in space and time. – Tariq Ramadan Sayings
9. You’re a man, but the day you raise your voice to your mother, you’re not anymore. – Tariq Ramadan Sayings
Tariq Ramadan Quotes on Women, Ramadan, and Generosity
10. You can’t be good for others if you’re not strict with yourself. The more shallow you are with yourself, the harsher you are with others. The more profound you are with yourself, the more generous you are with others – Tariq Ramadan Sayings
11. In Ramadan, you should eat less and think more. – Tariq Ramadan Sayings
12. Behind every great man is not a woman, she is beside him, she is with him, not behind him – Tariq Ramadan Sayings
13. A Muslim should be sincerely religious AND politically aware. – Tariq Ramadan Sayings
14. Compelling a woman to wear a headscarf is against Islam, and compelling her to remove it is against human rights. – Tariq Ramadan Sayings
15. We must master our egoism, and through this mastery, step outside ourselves and educate ourselves in giving. Fasting requires that we rediscover all that is alive around us, and reconcile ourselves with our environment. – Tariq Ramadan Quotes & Sayings
16. Humility is knowing that you can get an answer from anybody: be it a child, another person, or nature. – Tariq Ramadan Quotes & Sayings
17. If you read the Qur’an with your head, you find repetition. If you read it with your heart, you find depth. – Tariq Ramadan Quotes & Sayings
18. Fasting is, first and foremost, an exercise for identifying and managing adversity in all its forms. With faith, in full conscience, fasting calls women and men to an extra degree of self-awareness. – Tariq Ramadan Quotes & Sayings
19. Proud to be a Muslim isn’t a stamp you have on your heart, it’s a light you have in your heart. – Tariq Ramadan Quotes & Sayings
Tariq Ramadan Sayings on Good Life & Religion
20. If you want to have a good life, never forget that you are going to die. – Tariq RamadanSayings
21. Our task is to change the world for the better, not to adapt ourselves to the world.
22. I believe my religion is the truth, but I am not the truth and the truth doesn’t belong to me I’m trying to belong to the truth.
23. If you do not have boundaries, you do not have a path.
24. The most dangerous prisons are those with invisible bars
25. Don’t treat people the way they treat you. Treat them better.
Sayings & Quotes of Tariq Ramadan on Empathy, Character, Peace & Prayer
26. If you are not at peace with yourself then you cannot spread peace.
27. Prayer is better than to sleep. Wake up. Wake up & pray. This is the way you free yourself.
28. I’m not talking about reforming Islam. It is to reform the Muslim minds & the Muslim understandings of the texts.
29. Islam came to teach us that there is no faith without intelligence and here we are: destroying our intelligence in the name of faith.
30. We are in a world that is connected but is not communicating.
31. If there is smoke, there is a fire, the saying goes, that is quite true, but one should find what the fire is, and who lit it.
32. There is nothing more Islamic than critical thinking.
In this collection, we have collected some of the best and most thought-provoking sayings and quotes of Tariq Ramadan. Do share with us your own personal favorite quotes of Tariq Ramadan in the comments section below.